Saturday, September 12, 2015

Quick Post: Bourke's Parrot

Mid afternoon yesterday we arrived in Bowra Station, Cunnamulla, QLD. I have wanted to see Bourke’s Parrot ever since I began birding. This small brown, but yet also blue and pink parrot touched my heart from the pages of field guides. I wanted to see this bird. I had never before been in its area. I am now and Sir Richard Bourke, I have beheld your parrot!! I am deeply grateful.

Bourke's Parrot, Neophema bourkii 
Bourke's Parrot, Neophema bourkii 
Bourke's Parrot, Neophema bourkii 
We went straight from seeing the Bourke’s to another spot over by our campsite and saw a Red-browed Pardalote couple coming in and out of their nest hole. One perched on a dead snag and I got some photos. They are so beautiful too.
     
Red-browed Pardalote bringing home supper.
We are in this wondrous place, but we’re running on batteries and I have one dot of Telstra, so I am keeping this short. Here are just a few photos. I will do a catch-up blog later this week, with more photos.

We are gloriously out amongst it and I am grateful!

Birds. Peace. Love. Earth. Laughter. Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: