Sunday, July 12, 2015

Just Simple Things

These posts began almost a year ago with a challenge to write three things a day for which I was grateful. As the writing evolved and eventually became this blog, I began to look for the deeper thoughts and realizations, reaching for profundity. I will still do that, but it is also good to take a look at the little things, the seemingly insignificant gratitudes that help me to have a greater sense of gratitude in my life. Here are three that I have noticed lately.

Clean, fresh sheets… I absolutely love slipping into a bed with fresh, clean sheets (with a decent thread count). There is a wonderful feeling of comfort and peace in good cotton softness. I slept last night on just such sheets. I am grateful.

My grill cover… I do love the grill itself. It’s an excellent grill and it works great, but I also love the cover. When we bought the Weber grill, it did not come with a cover. I normally would have found a less expensive one that fit the grill, but we went with the official Weber cover that is made for it. Every time that I put that cover over the grill, I am grateful. It fits perfectly and is so easy to put on. Often, you do get what you pay for. I am grateful.


It really is a most excellent cover (and a great grill).

A good shower… After my first eye surgery, I had to wear a cover over my eye and be very careful when showering. So there was about a week where I really could not enjoy showering (or get my hair really clean). In our ensuite, we have a wonderful shower. It has an overhead rain-head as well as a hand-held. We had it built in the style of a good Australian (European) shower. It has a glass panel instead of a door or curtain. It is a pure pleasure to shower in and I am very grateful.

I will miss you when we are traveling...

Birds. Peace. Love. Earth. Laughter. Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: