Saturday, July 11, 2015

Gratitude, Friends and Love

These blogs begin in the writing and sometimes change as I write. I started writing yesterday about smoking, or more specifically that as an ex-smoker I have noticed so many teenagers in this area smoke. I quit over five years ago and I am very grateful. The blog that I wrote turned into a semi-rant about rightwing nut-jobs (mostly the young smokers are of the political persuasion and I pondered if they thought lung cancer was a liberal conspiracy) but that is not what these posts are about. I am grateful that I was able to quit smoking. That was the only point that I really needed to make.

As I sit here and open myself to gratitude, I am flooded with gratitude for my dear, supportive friends and for my patient and loving wife. I am in this process of cataract surgery and it requires several kinds of eye drops four times a day. This is not the kind of thing at which I am very good. I “could” probably get it done, but it is the kind of thing that my ADHD brain tends to struggle with. Lynn knows this and has been an angel about doing the drops for me and keeping track of it. I am so very, very grateful.
It makes my brain hurt just to look at it all.

I also want to mention my doctor (primary care physician) Dan, who also happens to be a very dear friend. He puts up with my questions and worries in a way that is above and beyond a physician’s obligations. I am incredibly grateful for his continued friendship and his care.

Indeed, when it comes to friends and loved ones I am truly blessed, and I am very grateful. Some of you I have known for years, and some of you I have known for a far shorter time, but it feels like you have always been there in my heart. And no matter what hemisphere or continent my body is in, you will always be there in my heart. I am so grateful for y’all.

Birds. Peace. Love. Earth. Laughter. Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: