Monday, June 15, 2015

Photo-bomb Your Own Life



We had company this weekend… a couple that we have known and loved for many years and one of my oldest, closest friends. It was a delight to hangout with people who share collective memories of our lives. There are not a lot of those anymore, and I am grateful. Kent and I go back 35-40 years (I am not sure exactly, we all know I drank). In 1978 a house we were renting together was condemned while we were living in it. This is Kent and me standing on either side of the DANGER this property is condemned sign.
 

So it was big fun to just hang around again. I could write a book just on Kent and my shared experiences. Amazingly, we were never arrested. I am grateful.

I took a photo the other day and someone commented that it looked as if I was photo-bombing my own photo. It did look like that, and it set me to thinking. Sometimes we need to photo-bomb our own lives. We need to stick ourselves into it, even when it seems like maybe we’re not supposed to be there.

There is an excellent saying that states that the answer to an unasked question is always, “No.” I get that, and certainly agree in most cases. However… I also believe strongly in the saying, “It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.” (Interpretation of signage is something that I am very liberal with. No access? I thought that only meant no vehicular access). Most often in the broader sense, we do not need permission from anyone but ourselves. I am learning to give myself permission and I am grateful. I also have bail money.

So occasionally I photo-bomb my own life. I recommend it. Do not wait for others to do it, put yourself in the picture! 
 

Birds. Peace. Love. Earth. Laughter. Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: