Thursday, October 22, 2015

ADHD And Photos

As many of you know, I am extremely ADHD. Tasks that involve lists are difficult for me. So, since I am a bit of a bird lister, I have my work cut out for me. I think I have now caught up my “ticking book” (the Eighth Edition Pizzey and Knight) but Lord knows I have probably missed some. I do keep a word document list that I am almost positive is mostly complete, although just last month, I found that I had somehow missed Rufous Fantail in this “main list.” I corrected that of course. I am grateful.

This morning I was slogging through some of my photos. I do not work well in a linear fashion, so I pop around through various “events” and delete some here and some there. The further I get away from the first sighting of a bird, the easier it is to delete more of the photos. But with something like the Yellow-billed Kingfisher, it feels like I am deleting photos of my grandchildren or something (I am not good at doing that either). So I end up with too many photos. I am working on it. I am grateful that I have these photos and these memories. Here are some photos stumbled over as I was deleting many more. There is no rhyme or reason for this little group except that I chose them this morning.
     
Three photos of an Australasian Darter eating a fish.


Beach Stone-curlew (I took dozens of photos of a pair and they were all lost in that technology glitch that I mentioned in an earlier blog. It is such a cool bird, I am glad I have this one).
The difficult to delete Yellow-billed Kingfisher. This was one of the first photos I took of it, this is the angle at which Lynn spotted it. 

Ms Eclectus Parrot because I love her.
And speaking of Stone-curlews, here are Mr and Ms Bush Stone-curlew.
So, we are here in a caravan park in Maryborough, Queensland and heading off in just a bit to visit a friend who lives near Lamington NP. I have not been to Lamington since January 2011 and I am very much looking forward to birding there again. It was one of the first places I ever went as a serious birder. As a matter of fact, it was where I saw my first Rufous Fantail (amongst many others), the one that was accidentally left off the list. On many levels, and in many ways, I am grateful that I am returning.

Birds. Peace. Love. Earth. Laughter. Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: