Saturday, November 16, 2019

Creativity and Stuff

I have been spending a bit of time on our Facebook page b;rd I am very happy with how it has taken on its own life as it should. I feel like it works. It is above all things, a safe place to be open and genuine. The wonderful administrators, Kara and Paul will help me to remain vigilant toward that end. People who want to join the group will be vetted as best we can. There will be no judgment there. It is a page based in love and openly sharing and it will remain such.

My life is steeped in technology. As mentioned above, I have the new FB page (not to forget my Birder Ink page, which I also love) and all my different writing in general, often posting such to my blog, as well as on FB. In all these things I am dealing with, and too often battling with, technology. I am all the worst parts of ADHD as well as some of the best. I am extremely creative, but I have my limitations. I was working on some stuff with my songs this arvo and blurted out, “I am a creative genius, but that doesn’t pay well.” I was joking except I’m not joking. I am so proud of many of my songs, and my book, and etc and so on, but I have no Earthly idea about ‘money.’ None. When it runs out, I am just out. So well, whatever. I wrote a song about money that I never performed it live. I just never did like how it sounded solo. You can listen to the album version here: So Hard To Come By And So Easy To Spend

I am also hopeless at filling out complex forms. I try with all my might and still, I always mess them up. My buddy Alan is working on a spreadsheet of my bird list. It turns out I am at 723, not 722 birds in Australia, so that is very cool. Spreadsheets are not something I am comfortable with of course, but this may become a handy tool. I will certainly try to learn how to use it once he gets it sorted.

Speaking of technology, I have been culling and deleting photos off the laptop. I have never sorted a sane storage method for my photos and my iPhoto (yes, I still use that) was literally exploding from the amount of photos that I keep on hand (well over 340 GB). However, I have reduced that number. I’ve deleted over 2360 photos and I am only up to November 2014. I am continuing with that.

I appreciate the thought, but please do not offer suggestions regarding external hard-drives, the cloud, etc and so on. I know that there are far better ways to do this and in the future, I will begin doing one of those. But for now, I am just culling and deleting old photos. So I figured I would share a few of my older photos that I kept. I will post some more sometime soonish I reckon.

          






And I used to draw (I was an art major, before anxiety cause me to drop out of college before getting my degree). I will draw again and sooner than later. That is a promise.
         


I write therefore I am. I share therefore it’s real. I love y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: