Friday, June 14, 2019

Silver Silver C

If all goes well, this coming Monday I will board an airplane in Melbourne and in just over an hour I will be in Tasmania. This morning I saw an amazing, beautiful little creature who recently made that flight with her own wings. She is a wild Orange-bellied Parrot and her official name is Silver Silver C. She arrived just recently from Tassie. Amazing, that is an overused, but extremely appropriate word in her case. Amazing. She is a young bird and this is her first time flying from Tassie to Victoria. She was hanging out with six of the released flock.

In June 2012 I was fortunate enough to see 3 OBPs at the Borrow Pit in the WTP. It was one of the most moving events in my early (or later for that matter) birding life. I recently had Neophema chrysogaster tattooed on my ‘bird arm’ to commemorate these wonderful parrots. Zac traced one of the photos that I took in 2012 and I love the design. It belongs there.

This is just a short blog entry for Silver Silver C. I write therefore I am. I share therefore it's real. I love y'all.





You can see the C on her right band.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: