Friday, November 6, 2015

Norfolk Island ~ Part Three

It begins to get light here at about 4am. I like to get up with the sun, but that is pretty early even for me. I got out of bed yesterday morning before 4:30 to discover that the internet was out again. As my dear friend Ash said the other day, the most awesome places often have the worst internet. But it does make it difficult to share these experiences (one of my favorite things to do). I have photos in my phone that will stay there until we are back on the mainland next week. Regardless, I am grateful to be here and I am loving it.

I have taken several walks into the National Park hoping to see the little flock of Common Redpolls that had been there a couple of weeks ago. No one has seen or heard them at least a week now and they have probably moved along. It is still a lovely hike up to the top of Mount Pitt and there are other birds and views to see. I got gorgeous looks at a Norfolk Island Parrot again and took some photos. I am so grateful to be here.

So here are some more photos (internet permitting) that I have taken this week. I hope you dig them. Cheers for now from Norfolk Island.
      
One of the views from Captain Cook Monument.
Red Knots in Kingston
Mr. and Ms Pacific Robin soon to be raised to a N.I. separate species. They have just recently been found to be more closely related to Red-capped Robins than to Pacific.
Slender-billed White-eye and lunch.

Ms Pacific Robin 

The very friendly Grey Fantail of Norfolk Island that is also probably going to be split into its own species.
Love my parrots... Norfolk Island Parrot


Common Greenfinch behind our cottage. 
A very light grey Bar-tailed Godwit in Kingston.
Lots of Sooty Terns seen from Captain Cook Monument.
Birds. Peace. Love. Earth. Laughter. Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Here: